'Tis the Season 🎄
for holiday and winter activities!
The holiday season is here and SLPs everywhere are just trying to make it to Christmas break. Let me save you a little planning time with these festive downloadable activities.
- FREE Magic Snowflake Activity. All you need is a white crayon and watercolor paints or washable markers. Use the white crayon to draw snowflakes on your paper. Then, paint over them and watch as snowflakes magically appear! There is also a sheet for creating magic speech words included in this download.
- FREE Winter Clues Activity. Read clues aloud to your student and have them infer which item you are describing. Then, have them color that item on their coloring page. This one is great for inferring, describing, and categorizing. We also have a Christmas Clues version of this activity.
- FREE Winter Roll and Race. This open-ended activity has your students roll a dice and mark the corresponding pictures on the page. The first one to fill an entire row wins! Have them practice speech sounds as you go!
- FREE Holiday 100-Trial Challenge Sheets. Practice your speech sound 100 times, marking an item on the paper each time you say it. Make getting a high number of trials fun!
- Christmas Tree Race. Spin the spinner and move across the game board as you practice your speech words. Who will make it to the Christmas tree first? Sweeten things up by placing an actual Christmas tree shaped candy, marshmallow or cake at the end for students to enjoy.
Snow Globe Flip Flap Craft. It’s a coloring page on top, but flip it up to reveal practice words underneath! This comes in a snow globe version and also a gingerbread house version. Both are perfect for the holiday season.
Ugly Sweater Speech Craft. Decorate an ugly sweater! Decorate it with markers, glitter, pom poms, sequins, and of course speech words. This easy print-and-go craft template lets your students get creative.
- Christmas Fluency Therapy Activities. This pack of worksheets gives your students opportunities to practice fluency shaping and stuttering modification strategies in a fun and festive way.
I hope these print-and-go activities make your winter speech sessions easy, festive, and fun. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading the Peachie Speechie blog! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the page so we can keep in touch. 💌