No More Blurting! Visuals & Activities for Thinking Before You Speak
Do you have a student who blurts out answers without raising their hand? Do they also impulsively blurt out inappropriate things in social situations? ("Why is she so fat?" "Eww, what an ugly haircut!"). If so, then this product is made for you.
I designed this product for students who tend to speak without thinking, blurting out whatever they have to say as soon as they think of it. This product clearly and kindly explains the importance of thinking before you speak and showing polite behavior in the classroom.
These informational pages and accompanying activities help teach students the following:
- What does it mean to "blurt"?
- Why shouldn't I blurt things out whenever I have something to say?
- When do I need to blurt out? (dangerous, emergency situations)
Included in this 12-page download:
- Blurt Alert cover (1 page)
- Instructional pages for teaching (2 pages)
- Stop and think/ stop and raise your hand reminders (2 pages)
- Blurting out tracking sheet and visual-on-a-stick (2 pages)
- What should I do? Activities (3 pages)
- Mini desk reminders (1 page)
- Weekly tracker for parent communication (1 page)
Make Someone's Day
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, sending a thank you, or giving a just-because surprise gift, you can skip the guesswork with an e-gift card from Peachie Speechie.shop gift cards
Gifts & Accessories
Totes for carrying materials, functional decor, cute hats, stickers to personalize your stuff, funny candles, mugs to keep you caffeinated, and much more!shop gifts & accessories
R Sound Success
Clear anatomy visuals, step-by-step progressive techniques, tons of practice activities, and even unique tips for SLPs. This is everything you need to master and succeed with the R sound!shop R sound materials