Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds!
This workbook is a MUST-HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven methods. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed & bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.), and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE!
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
Easy to follow, love how it breaks /r/ down,all you need in one spot!
This was just what I needed! So many awesome pages to teach /r/ from scratch!
I was looking for a curriculum for R that would guide me through the different stages and procedures to help with articulation therapy. I'm so glad I purchased the "I Can Say the R Sound" from Peachie Speechie. It is exactly what I wanted and has been a great resource for my students. Thanks for such a great curriculum for that pesky R and the fabulous videos.
This was a great investment. I have been an SLP for over 25 years and still struggle with tough R kids! This resource has been wonderful for the many types of R kids I have. I printed it out and put it in sleeve protectors in a three ring binder and keep it on my therapy table...easy to flip through when trying to figure out how the individual student will be able to find their R...and then push "print" to instantly give them their practice material specific to their strategy once we find it! The mouth models were fun for my kids to have as well! Well worth the money spent. Thank you!!
I recently purchased "I Can Say the R Sound: Articulation Workbook" and I'm so glad I did. It's a great overall workbook for the tricky R sound. The examples are great and so are the therapy materials. The bonus is being able to download it immediately. Thanks, Peachie Speechie!