Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! See why it's earned over 1,000 5-star reviews!
This workbook is a MUST-HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven methods. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed & bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.), and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE!
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
Such a great comprehensive resource!
Love this book as I can use it with so many of my students immediately.
Very comprehensive guide to help treat the /r/ sound. Contains different activities that can be used!
Great resource with so much variety built in for elementary and above students!
I really liked the articulation worksheets. They were kid friendly and the mouth diagrams are fabulous. Everything is kid friendly. I had one difficult client and he loved playing tic tac toe with me, which the articulation sheets have. I highly recommend buying the articulation sheets as they are very well done and reasonably priced. Thank you Meredith and Joshua!
I really like how systematic this resource is, step by step and really addressing the different struggles of /r/. It’s not just a blanket “this is how to produce r”. I’m so happy I purchased it.