Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
Designed to help with that tricky R sound, this workbook is a MUST HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading and carryover to connected speech.
This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven helpful methods and has hundreds of fantastic reviews! Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed and bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.) and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE! This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
This product is a digital download. Once your order is completed, you will see a link to access digital content. Log-in anytime to access.
I Can Say the R Sound: Articulation Workbook
Love this resource! I found it to be very helpful and a time saver.
This packet had tons of great materials for working on the "r" sound, from strategies to use in eliciting the sound in isolation to practicing at the word level, to reading and carryover ideas. Thanks for a great product! Absolutely the best R product I have used.
These books are one of my absolute FAVORITE resources. I have used this book across kindergarten through 6th grade aged-students and each student has enjoyed the variety in tasks. I love that the resource moves through the hierarchy and gives the students opportunities to practice on their own. Thank you for making these "I can say" books!
Well-worth the cost for a very laid-out treatment program! Very kid-friendly and parent-friendly pictures/language. Of all /r/ therapy handouts this is by far my favorite for speech therapy!
I use this all the time! The illustration are amazing. This is home practice my kiddos will do. Or at least the say they will.