Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
Designed to help with that tricky R sound, this workbook is a MUST HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading and carryover to connected speech.
This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven helpful methods and has hundreds of fantastic reviews! Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed and bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.) and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE! This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out to email@example.com
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
I really liked the articulation worksheets. They were kid friendly and the mouth diagrams are fabulous. Everything is kid friendly. I had one difficult client and he loved playing tic tac toe with me, which the articulation sheets have. I highly recommend buying the articulation sheets as they are very well done and reasonably priced. Thank you Meredith and Joshua!
I really like how systematic this resource is, step by step and really addressing the different struggles of /r/. It’s not just a blanket “this is how to produce r”. I’m so happy I purchased it.
Love all of your products! Thank you for providing a great resource to use with my students!
I have not been able to use this due to the Corona shutdown.
I Can Say the R Sound: Articulation Workbook
Love this resource! I found it to be very helpful and a time saver.