Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
Designed to help with that tricky R sound, this workbook is a MUST HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading and carryover to connected speech.
This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven helpful methods and has hundreds of fantastic reviews! Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed and bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.) and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE! This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out to Meredith@peachiespeechie.com
Total Page Count: 352 Pages!
This product is a digital download. Once your order is completed, you will see a link to access digital content. Log-in anytime to access.
This has been a total game-changer for me ever since buying it a few years ago! I never had materials to help actually teach the R sound before this purchase. Now with the recent updates, it’s even better! I use it (or what I’ve learned from it) every day and my success rate with R has drastically improved!! It’s therapy GOLD! You won’t be disappointed
This is seriously EVERYTHING you will need for the R sound. EVERYTHING! Just buy it - it's amazing. It's everything I never learned in grad school about how to treat this sound. I don't hate R anymore!
This is the best workbook for /r/! It has everything I need in one spot!
I wish I had this when I first started! This book has helped several of my clients master the R sound! I recommend it to everyone know.
This packet it absolutely incredible. It is loaded with both informative information including diagrams of the basic anatomy of speech and how to make the /r/ sound along with practical follow-up activities targeting a hierarchy of skills. The graphics are clear and engaging which adds yet another dimension to this resource. Thank you for your time and creativity in putting this together.