Students will roll the dice and find the corresponding practice word/ target on the grid. But watch out! If they get doubles (two 2’s or two 4’s for example), they land on a SILLY SPOT! They will get up and do something silly as directed. Silly things include getting up and moving, imitating animals/animal sounds, telling jokes, and more!
(You will need 2 dice to fully enjoy this download.)
Mats included for the following articulation sounds & language skills:
- Regular Verbs
- Irregular Verbs
- Categories (types of categories)
- Name the category (listed items from a category)
- Basic WH questions (2pages of who/ what/ when/ where - combined)
- P (initial)
- M (initial)
- K (initial, medial/final - combined)
- G (initial, medial, final)
- L (initial, medial, final)
- L Blends (initial)
- R (initial)
- R Blends (initial)
- S (initial, medial, final)
- S Blends (initial)
- SH (initial, medial/final - combined)
- CH (initial, medial/final - combined)
- TH (initial/ medial/ final - combined)
- K (initial/ medial/ final - combined)
- L (initial/ medial/ final - combined)
- R (initial/ medial/ final - combined)
- S (initial/ medial/ final - combined)
- And a blank mat!
Each game mat comes in a color as well as a black/white version!
Total of 46 pages.
I have used this resource so many times ever since I have purchased it. it it so fun for my kiddos! I have a huge dice that I have them roll and them they land on a specific word/concept and tada! one of my pts who has ADHD and is REALLY hard to control...he will sit for this!
Your dice games have been a lifesaver while adjusting to teletherapy! Thank you to Meredith for giving us all immediate instructions on how to save these items to pdf and email to parents! This bundle in particular is great because you get articulation and language games all in one. The kids love being silly with me and with their speech buddies! They are easy to print and share, by emailing to parents and/or share screen, share via document camera, or even just hold up to the computer camera! I use a roll dice app on my phone and if necessary modify the target prompts for the child. Since SLPs are masters at modification these games are great for all SES, cognitive, language, and motoric levels.
Silly Dice Game for Speech & Language Therapy
My students are loving the Silly Dice Game! Thanks for creating such a great activity!