Save money on the I Can Say… Articulation Bundle, which includes this product.
This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds!
This workbook is a MUST-HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven methods. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for the production of retroflexed & bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers, and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.), and how to use hand cues.
- Playdough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High-frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages, and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE!
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
I Can Say the R Sound: Articulation Workbook
My kids have enjoyed the Peachie Speachie videos for R and this goes right along with the videos so well.
Amazing thank you! Thus resource is a must for /R/ goals.
Lots of lovely resources, easy and quick to download. Thank you so much!
This has a lot of good resources for articulation of the dreaded R!
Easy to follow, love how it breaks /r/ down,all you need in one spot!